Five Steps to Handle Water Damage Emergencies | Service Restoration
Are you a victim of water damage? It is imperative to act quickly when you have water damage. Water damage can be severe if it is not dealt with immediately. Read on for essential things to consider when repairing water damage in your home.
Emergency Services for Water Damage
Water damage is the most severe emergency your property could ever face. Water damage can be devastating and dangerous to your property’s value and safety. Therefore, you must act quickly to stop further damage to your property and implement effective solutions.
A clear plan is essential for dealing with any emergency in your office, home, or commercial property. This will allow you to stop the damage immediately. A property disaster can only get worse if you don’t act quickly. If you aren’t prepared, dealing with a property disaster can be complicated and overwhelming. Therefore, it is essential to plan to be ready for any emergency. This will help you get your property back on track quickly and painlessly after it has occurred.
Five Steps to Handle Water Damage Emergency Situations Successfully
You can reduce long-term water damage by acting quickly. These five steps are essential to follow when dealing with a water-related emergency. You’ll soon be able to restore your property and life to normal.
1. Protect yourself and your possessions
All forms of water damage can cause severe health and safety problems. These are some steps you can take to protect yourself:
- First, turn off the electricity by unplugging and switching off circuit breakers.
- Evacuate any area in danger of flooding until authorities declare it safe for you to return.
- Protective clothing and rubber gloves are recommended for re-entry to the property.
- Finally, save the most valuable items such as electronics or documents.
2. Stop Water Damage
To prevent further damage to your property, you must identify the source. A burst pipe or a hot water tank leak is the most common cause of water damage. In addition, you should know the location of your shut-off valves and make sure to use them.
Preventive measures like ditching and sandbagging are recommended if a flood is expected, while a professional can fix a leaky ceiling. Also, it would help if you were on the lookout for moldy odors, discolored ceilings or baseboards, and other signs that could indicate it.
3. Get in touch with your insurance company
Your insurance company can be a valuable resource to help you navigate an emergency. These tips will help you file a claim quickly and effectively:
- As soon as the damage has occurred, call the insurance company to determine the steps you need to take.
- As soon as possible, have a claims adjuster arrive on-site to assess the damage and estimate the cost for repairs.
- Photograph the affected areas and any valuables.
- Keep accurate records and keep receipts.
4. Get Dry!
You can almost eliminate mold growth if you dry your property in 24 hours. Here are the things to do:
- If possible, lift wet furniture from flooded areas and take it out.
- To prevent carpet stains, place aluminum foil between the legs of the furniture.
- Hang rugs that are not in use to dry.
- To dry wet areas, use fans or dehumidifiers.
- To remove humidity, turn your air conditioner to “on.”
If the flooding is extensive, you can wait on professional assistance that employs professional-grade equipment.
5. Your property can be cleaned and restored
It can be challenging to deal with the aftermath of water damage. That’s why it is crucial to call in professionals such as Service Restoration services. We can help you deal with the potential complications from water damage.
The drywall, insulation, flooring, and carpeting may need to be replaced to prevent mold and mildew growth. In addition, moisture can seep into areas that are hard to reach, so it is vital to hire professionals who have specialized equipment like moisture detectors, remote cameras, and hygrometers.
However, before we arrive, you can salvage what you can and toss anything unsafe or too damaged. Also, seek professional advice about damaged items, such as documents or electronics. Our restoration specialists might help; we can often use specialized equipment to restore them.
How Service Restoration Can Provide Emergency Services for Water damage
Water damage can be very distressing. We understand that you might feel confused, stressed, or vulnerable after a water disaster. That’s why you need an expert to help you. Our specialist will guide you through a series of questions to better understand your needs.
Service Restoration, a water damage specialist, is the leading water damage restoration company in the United States. A customer service specialist will be available to answer your questions about the water damage situation. We’ll send a team immediately after receiving the details about your water emergency.
We Are Water Damage Specialists
Service Restoration is your water damage specialist. Our certified and licensed technicians have many years of experience repairing water damage. Instead of trying to fix it yourself, hire professionals to help you keep everyone safe. Water damage specialists know that the best way to prevent electrocution is to keep people from getting electrocuted if there is standing water. They are aware that water could contain live electrical circuits. Service Restoration technicians use rubber boots, gloves, and goggles during a water cleanup. We have a lot of experience and recognize the importance of completely extracting all water. To get rid of the water, we use vacuums and industrial pumps. To dry out the water, we used industrial blowers. Once all visible water has been removed, it’s time to deal with the invisible water. Service Restoration has the right equipment for dehumidifying the air to remove the water. Your building’s contents will be saturated with water, and the humidity will persist for many days. Water damage specialists will ensure that your HVAC system is not turned on until the problem has been resolved. Our mold remediation service will ensure that your HVAC system does not circulate mold into the air.
Our Water Restoration Services
- Cleanup and remediation
- Restore & Repair
- Flood Restoration
- Fire-Water Cleanup
- Water Removal
- Mold remediation
- Sewage Cleaning
- Commercial Damage
Why Choose Service Restoration's Water Emergency Services?
Over 20 years, Service Restoration has helped property owners to recover from the damage they have suffered at their homes or businesses. Here are a few things to love about us:
- Service Restoration has local offices in many states and can provide immediate assistance for most property disasters.
- BBB rates Service Restoration as A, and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) is for Restoration.
- Our team has various special equipment that helps them optimize every situation.
- ALL INSURANCE ACCEPTED. Service Restoration works with all national and local insurance companies.
We provide emergency water mitigation services and water damage restoration for homes and businesses all over the country. Get a free quote today! We’re available 24/7 at Call 800 478 0366.