Emergency Mitigation Services: Helping To Mitigate The Damage And Destruction
Emergency restoration specialists are required to restore properties to their former glory when life throws unexpected curveballs at you. Mitigation services are designed to provide professional services after events like floods, fires, and storms.
Is There A Difference Between Mitigation And Restoration?
The process is the main difference between mitigation and restoration.
Mitigation means preventing further damage from happening. It might involve preserving the property’s structure, removing any contents that can be salvaged, and tarping or containing any other areas where damage could spread.
It’s basically what professional restoration contractors do before they start restoring a property to limit the loss.
The restoration process focuses on the repair and restoration of property or homes that have suffered damage. Many trained restoration specialists will work with you to rebuild your home using a variety of techniques after the mitigation. This is a process that helps homeowners to recover from any damage.
What Are The Benefits Of Mitigation Services?
- Fire can be caused by lightning, electrical malfunctions, and space heaters. You can rely on emergency mitigation services to protect your home and minimize the damage from fire, smoke, or water.
- Major water damage can be caused by flooding, burst pipes, and overflowing toilets. EMS quickly responds to minimize the damage to your structure.
- Mold infestations can be caused by high humidity, leaks, blocked gutters or poor roof ventilation. This can lead to hazardous air quality. This toxic air can cause serious health problems if it is not treated. The EMS technicians can safely remove the mold and restore normal air conditions.
- Common weather events in the Midwest, such as tornadoes and snowstorms, can cause structural damage, including roof damage, flooding, fallen trees, and roof damage. Call EMS for help with storm damage cleanup and restoration of your home or business.
Is my homeowners insurance covered for emergency mitigation services?
You will be buying homeowner’s insurance when you buy a house. This insurance protects you and your mortgage company against financial loss in the event of storm damage, flooding, or fire. Each policy is unique, so make sure to carefully read the document to determine which services are covered. If the damage isn’t caused by long-term issues, most insurance policies will cover emergency mitigation services.
The restoration company will take photos if it isn’t a major loss. The homeowner can give permission for the restoration company to work directly with their insurance company to determine the scope of the work required and to resolve the damage in accordance with your policy.
Here’s an estimate of service costs
Fire and smoke damage mitigation service
1,500 sf house, minor fire
$11,236 - $14,126
Water removal Services
$3.75 - $7 per sq. foot
Wind damage mitigation
$2,500 - $3,860
How can I select a mitigation service?
It is crucial to choose the right mitigation service for restoration. Select a service that is:
- Licensed, bonded, and insured
- Experienced in complex projects that involve coordination with multiple parties
- Experienced in managing restoration projects that require simultaneous demolition and installation
- Experienced in water, fire, and mold damage restoration
- Experienced in working with insurance companies to resolve damage claims
Need emergency mitigation services? We can help!
Don’t hesitate when disaster strikes your home. Water Damage Near Me is your best option for protection. We provide a quick and efficient response to homes and businesses across the country. Our goal is to organize and protect your property as soon as possible after a storm has struck.